Old Haileyburian and philosophy graduate from Kings College London, Antonio Infantino, won his first Senior medal at the indoor British championships in Sheffield on Sunday 15th February to become the British Indoor 200m Champion.
Antonio started his indoor season with a win at the Botnia Games in Finland on 4th February 2015, achieving a new indoor personal best of 21:02 seconds in the 200 metres.
He then competed in the Birmingham Games and again dominated the senior men’s 200m by winning his heat, and went on to achieve a faster personal best of 20:97 seconds.
At the British Championships he cruised through the heats and semi- final, safely going through to his first ever senior final. His dominance continued and he won, becoming the UK’s 200m lead, with an even faster personal best of 20:96 seconds, winning by nearly a quarter of a second to take his first senior British title. Antonio remains unbeaten this year.
Antonio’s main goal for this season is to be selected for the GB Team for the World Athletics Championships being held in Beijing later this summer.
All at Haileybury are very proud of Antonio’s sporting achievements – and wish him the best of luck at achieving his goals, and we hope to watch him win at Beijing!
Domestic Championships Record
- 2005 – AAA U15 100m Champion and 200m Silver, English Schools 100m Champion
- 2006 – AAA U17 100m Silver
- 2007 – English Schools 200m Champion, International Schools 200m Champion, UK School Games 200m Champion, England Athletics Champs U17 60m Silver, England Athletics Champs 100m Silver
- 2008 – English Schools 200m Champion
- 2011 – BUCS Indoor 200m Silver
- 2012 – BUCS Indoor 200m Champion
- 2013 – BUCS Indoor 200m Silver, South of England 200m Champion
- 2014 – BUCS Indoor and Outdoor 200m Silver
- 2015 – Sainsbury’s British Indoor Champion 200m
Other Noteworthy Performances
- 2008 – 7th Commonwealth Youth Games 200m
Antonio has previously played academy football. He took part in SPAR Sprints as a junior.