Biodiversity, Ecology & Grounds
Achievements to date
- Any waste material generated through ground works stays on site – no waste is sent off site for disposal.
- School commitment to tree-planting. 100 trees have been planted on site to date.
- Haileybury plan to purchase a composter for use across the grounds
- One corner of the Quad is being redesigned and landscaped into a sustainable feature/garden
- Several areas of the School will be subjected to ‘No Mow May’
- Wildflowers will be sown on the perimeters of the sports pitch perimeters
- The grass which is two meters inside each hedgerow will be left to grow
- Rewilding of Lower Quitchells
- Wildlife boxes and habitats will be created across the campus.