Another serving from our prize-winning Chefs
A team of Haileybury Chefs displayed their talent and commitment to good food earlier this month at The Hospitality Show at the NEC in Bimringham, and were rewarded with a clutch of prizes.
The event is the UK’s largest foodservice and hospitality show. All the challenges were live cooking events and participants were judged on their work and skills, as well as the end results.
General Manager of Catering and Events, Jackie Williams, said: "Due to the weather they had to commit a lot of their own time for clearing snow and travel, meaning very early starts and late finishes. The rest of the team supported them to ensure everything was covered with the continuation of services here at Haileybury. A great team commitment was shown by all, rewarded by these excellent achievements."
Our award-winning chefs are:
- Gold: Lee Warren, Junior Traditional Pasta Dish
- Gold/Best in Class: Lezsek Karpinski, Rational Seasonal Menu Master class
- Gold/Best in Class: Michael Hodges, Lezsek Karpinski & Lee Warren, Terinex Grand Prix
- Silver: Amy Duthie, BFC Young Chef Challenge
- Certificate of Merritt: Lezsek Karpinski, Villeroy & Boch Pasta Dish Challenge
- Silver: Lezsek Karpinski & Lee Warren, CCS Chef Team Challenge
- Silver: Lezsek Karpinski, Schwartz Flavour Pairing
- Silver: Dalibor Wiedermann, Schwartz Flavour Pairing