Teaching Fellow for Art
Full time, Fixed Term
Closing Date: 17 May 2021
The Art School at Haileybury is seeking a committed and inspiring artist to join the department. The ideal candidate is a practicing artist who demonstrates a real passion for the subject, and has the ability to convey this to the pupils. The ability and desire to run specialised workshops with enthusiasm and technical excellence in their field is vital for this role. We would be pleased to see examples of candidates’ own work with their application (or alternatively direct us to a personal website or virtual platform.)
The successful applicant(s) will:
· Teach across the age range, as directed by the Head of Art.
· Run specialised workshops outside of lesson time.
· Have a strong relevant degree within a Fine Art background.
· Have a passion for the subject and the ability to convey this to the pupils.
· Have a desire to educate pupils and to promote academic curiosity.
· Demonstrate a willingness to learn and to adapt when faced with challenges.
· Have effective communication skills, selecting and using appropriate media to communicate.
· Show professionalism, loyalty and integrity in all school matters.
· Have an ability to manage their own time effectively and be organised in their working habits.
· Act as a role model to pupils through personal presentation and professional conduct.
· Assist with and attend school trips, especially those with an academic focus.
· Develop links and connections with other educational establishments.
The candidate will also be expected to offer support to the learning, pastoral and co-curricular needs of the individual pupils through the house system as a tutor and the co-curricular programme. These duties should be carried out to a high standard to ensure the all-round quality of education for pupils at Haileybury.
To apply for the above position, please complete an application via our TES portal through this link.
Applicants should be aware that we cannot consider an application unless the specified application form has been filled in completely. Please be aware that your application form should include your full employment history and any previous employer may be approached by the School. Incomplete application forms may be returned.
Haileybury is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. It is our policy to take all reasonable steps to employ and promote employees on the basis of their abilities and qualifications without regard to age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, marital or civil partnership status, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, trade union membership, religion or belief.
Haileybury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants for the above post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers, prohibition checks and a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service. Any employment offer will be subject to the successful completion of these background screening checks. Our policy statement on the recruitment of ex-offenders is enclosed.