Individual Music lessons
Music lessons are taught on a one to one basis by the 26 visiting staff of the Music Department. We offer tuition in all orchestral instruments, as well as:
- percussion (both drum kit and orchestral percussion)
- guitar (classical and electric).
Pupils who do not own their own instrument are usually able to hire a school one, subject to availability, and we welcome all pupils to use our extensive facilities for practice in their free time between 7am and 10pm.
Music lessons are delivered in ten lesson blocks. Parents can apply at any time for their child to start lessons, which may be started mid-block if there is a place available (if no place is available they will be placed on a waiting list).
We ask that you give us notice if lessons are to be stopped. The deadlines for the 2018-19 academic year are:
- 31 October 2018 (notice to stop after ten lessons, at or around the end of November)
- 31 January 2019 (notice to stop after 20 lessons, in the first or second week of March)
- 31 May 2019 (notice to stop at the end of the academic year).
The music charges for the 2018-19 academic year are:
- £235.00 per block of ten, 30-minute lessons
- £50 per term for hire of a school instrument.
Each year a limited number of places are offered to try a new instrument at no charge for ten lessons (please note this is for selected instruments only and priority is normally given to younger pupils).